If you’ve been recording for a while, you’ll know that drum recording is one of the most challenging aspects of making a record. – There are simply so many variables and approaches!
However once you master it, it is also the ONE area where you can truely stand out and make a name for yourself as an engineer.
If you’ve been looking to step up your drum recording chops, we might just have the perfect mentor for you:
J.J. Blair has engineered and produced records for artists like Rod Stewart, Johnny Cash, Melissa Etheridge, Smokey Robinson, Weezer, Kelly Clarkson and many more. If you have listened to any of these records, you’ll know that his drum recordings are second to none!
But how does he achieve these outstanding tones? What’s his thought process when selecting the perfect setup for each song?
This course will give you the answer!
Get inside J.J.’s mind and understand his complete drum recording process:
1. Mindset & Phsychology of Recording Drums
2. Use Phase to your advantage (This chapter actually blew my mind. I thought I understood phase – turns out I dind’t!)
3. Treating your room to achieve the sound you’re looking for
4. Microphone Choice & Placement
5. Micing Techniques
6. Signal-Chain & Processing (Preamps, Compressors, EQs & more)
The best part about this course is that J.J. Blair is not only an outstanding engineer. He’s also a fantastic teacher who is able to explain things in a very concise and easy-to-understand manner.
So what are you waiting for?
One of the best engineers in the world is looking to let you in on his secrets!