If you are looking to craft a fantastic sounding mix, every professional engineer will tell you:
‘You have to start at the source. Tracking is where the magic happens!’
With this bundle, you have the opportunity to learn recording from the best producers in the world.
Learn which types of microphones (ribbon, dynamic, etc.) he prefers for different sound sources, and understand exactly how to position your microphones to get achieve the biggest impact in your recordings.
Discover go-to signal chains for every instrument, including proper gainstaging, EQ and Compression settings.
After taking these classes, you’ll be able to confidently record any Rock instrument to a professional standard.
- Track a Grand Piano and use extreme processing to help it sit well in a dense Rock mix
- Multi-mic guitar amps to achieve a fat and aggressive tone, which never gets out of hand
- Capture a natural acoustic guitar sound and make it compete with stacks of electric guitars
- Use different mics on bass amps to to achieve an approriate sound for different genres
- Mic a B3 Lesley cabinet in a unique way, to get rid of the harsh midrange and add amazing weight to the signal
- Employ different vocal mics to make the lead vocal stand out from backgrounds
- Go-to drum recording setups, which works 80% of the time, PLUS special micing techniques you can employ to add extra character and energy if needed